Emily T. Brackstone
Vice Chair, Emerging Companies Team
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
Ms. Brackstone concentrates her practice in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital fundraising and fund formation, and health law.
Ms. Brackstone regularly represents clients in merger and acquisition transactions on both the buy-side and the sell-side. In addition, Ms. Brackstone has an active practice serving as corporate counsel to emerging companies and more established businesses, advising on various issues related to entity formation, corporate governance, general business contracts and equity fundraising. Ms Brackstone also regularly assists venture capital and angel funds with their fund formation and investment needs.
Ms. Brackstone represents several clients in the life science and health care industries, including pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, specialty pharmacies, physician practices, and hospitals, providing counsel and assistance on a wide range of topics, including issues involving the corporate practice of medicine, Stark self-referral law, the federal anti-kickback statute, HIPAA, the 340B Drug Discount Program and state regulatory issues.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Named a Mid-South Rising Star by Mid-South Super Lawyers (2016)
- Named as one of the Memphis Business Journal’s 2016 “Super Women in Business”
- Named as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” by the Memphis Business Journal, 2015
- Member – American, Tennessee and Memphis Bar Associations
- Member – American Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Order of the Coif, University of Tennessee chapter
- Co-Chair – Camerata Young Patrons Group, Opera Memphis
- Member – Young at Art Steering Committee, Dixon Gallery and Gardens
- University of Tennessee Certificates of Academic Excellence in Criminal Law, Torts I, Constitutional Law, Evidence, Commercial Law and Income Taxation of Business Organizations
In the News